Price: £995 - 4 & 10 month payment plan available
Format: E Learning
Qualification: Advanced Diploma in Special Event Planning and Design
Award: Benchmarked at Level 4
Study Time: 450 Hours with up to three years to complete. (Course extensions are available for a small fee)
Requirements: No Entry Requirements
The Advanced Diploma in Special Event Planning and Design is a fully interactive course which uses podcasts, videos, PDF's and Elearning material covering all elements in planning, managing, designing and running weddings, parties, conferences, awards ceremonies, fashion shows, product launches, sales meetings and trade shows. Your course will include 12 assignments, 4 based on an authentic event brief that will see you working your way through planning, managing and producing a conference and 6 based around wedding planning and design where you will choose a theme to work on for the duration of your assignments from the following list:
- Literature (choose a book on which the theme will be loosely based on. Some ideas would be a Jane Austen novel, Charles Dickens novel or even a fairy tale book)
- Cinema (choose a film on which the theme will be loosely based on. Some ideas would be the Twilight Saga, The Great Gatsby, Sex and the City or Anna Karenina)
- Travel (choose a style such as Mexican, Venetian, Spanish, Parisian etc.)
These assignments will lead you through every stage of planning, designing and styling an event and wedding. You will be expected to treat your tutor as your client and the assignment you submit as your proposal. There will also be a short unit project at the end of each unit to allow you to test the knowledge you have learnt in the unit.
Effectively you are building yourself a portfolio as you make your way through the course, allowing you to hit the ground running upon graduation. The last 2 assignments in the course focus on starting your own wedding and event consultancy and marketing your services in this highly competitive marketplace. Included as part of your course material is a 30 day license Social Tables and also a 3 month license to 3D Event Designer software. Both of these will be a great tool for you to use when you start your business.
Section 1 - The Anatomy of an Event
- Unit 1 - The World of Events
- Unit 2 - Think Like A Planner
- Unit 3 - Creating a Concept
- Unit 4 - Developing a Theme
Section 2 - The Planning Process
- Unit 5 - The Stages of an Event
- Unit 6 - The Event Budget
- Unit 7 - Event Sites & Venues
- Unit 8 - Food & Beverage Operations
Section 3 - Managing Your Suppliers
- Unit 9 - Speakers & Entertainment
- Unit 10 - Audio Visual & Lighting
- Unit 11 - Travel & Accommodation
- Unit 12 - Corporate Gifts & Merchandise
Section 4 – Event Marketing
- Unit 13 – Event Branding & Marketing Strategies
- Unit 14 – Event Proposals
Section 5 - The Basics of Wedding Design
- Unit 15 - The World of Wedding Design
- Unit 16 - Conceptualisation & Planning
- Unit 17 - The Principles of Wedding Design
Section 6 - The Theory of Design
- Unit 18 - Colour Schemes & Effects
- Unit 19 - Design & Decor Techniques
Section 7 - Design Elements
- Unit 20 - Floral Design & Decor
- Unit 21 - Fabric Decor
- Unit 22 - Special Effects
- Unit 23 - Creating a Table Centrepiece
Section 8 - Wedding Planning Basics
- Unit 24 - Folklore, Traditions & Etiquette
- Unit 25 - Location & Ceremony
- Unit 26 - Design & Your Venue
Section 9 - Wedding Vendors & Your Team
- Unit 27 – Wedding Caterering & Rentals
- Unit 28 - Transport
- Unit 29 - Invites & Gifts
- Unit 30 - Photographer & Videographer
Section 10 - Wedding Production
- Unit 31 - Software & Presenting Your Design
- Unit 32 - The Wedding Day
- Unit 33 - Working With Wedding Suppliers
Section 11 – Sales & Marketing
- Unit 34 - The Psychology of a Bride
- Unit 35 - Client Consultations
- Unit 36 - Social Media & Publicity
- Unit 37 – Marketing 101
Section 12 - Starting a Wedding Business
- Unit 38 - Starting your own Business
- Unit 39 - Finance
- Unit 40 – Contracts & Insurance
Emma Lawson - Advanced Diploma in Special Event Planning and Design
What was it about the Academy that made you choose to study with us?
After looking at various course providers I decided to study at the Academy because it is the UK's only dedicated wedding & events academy. Plus all of the academy's tutors have experience within the events industry which I believe is vital. I certainly would not feel as confident in my tutor if I knew I was being taught by someone who has never done the job before.
What are you enjoying most about your experience of studying with Academy?
I am having great fun being able to work more creatively, it's really teaching me to think in a new way & develop new ideas.
How is your course preparing you for taking the next step?
It's providing me with vital industry related knowledge. The course also covers business skills too which is great if your setting up your own events company.
What would you say to anyone
thinking of pursuing a career in Wedding and Event Planning?
I would say don't hesitate the course is totally up to date so it includes all the latest trends within the events industry. You can study at your own pace & all the tutors are experienced & very helpful.
Do you currently own a wedding or events business or are you looking to launch a new business?
No, I am completely new to the events industry but I am confident that I will be given all the skills & knowledge necessary to cut it in exciting new career.
Would you recommend the Academy to others and why?
Absolutely the course is very enjoyable & upon completion you will have a fabulous portfolio of all your work to show your new prospective customers and armed with business & events knowledge you will be ready to hit the ground running.
For a sneak peek at one of the units from the Advanced Diploma in Special Event Planning and Design you need to click on the image below. This will launch our E Learning software.
This excerpt is taken from Unit 37 - Social Media and Publicity and is a small sample of what is included within this unit.
Many Academy students like to work at their own pace at a time and place that suits them. However, there are also many students who have a set time period that is much shorter with a goal of launching their business within the next 4-6 months. This type of study requires more structure and guidance from our tutors, which is why we have launched our Fast Track Flexible Study Program.
To enrol on the Fast Track Flexible Study Program all you need to do is click the Fast Track option on the enrolment form, and we will do the rest. To choose your Course and enrol click here. Alternatively if you want to find out more about how Fast Track can work for you speak to our Course Consultant, Zoe McKeown, on 0845 313 6023